About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 4, 2017

Pauline is leaving

Pauline is heading out for her vacation.  We have to take separate vacations in the winter or hire some one to watch the boat.  She hasn't been home for a couple of years and October is the slow time for the hotel so she could take a whole month off.  It is a pretty long way to travel for less than that so off she heads tomorrow via San Francisco so she can visit with Suzie and Doug for a couple of days and convince them to come up and see us.  Mark will have to fend for himself and use the time to study for his 500 ton master / 1600 ton mate tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment